The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 students. But within short span of time ie., in the year of 2013 the intake was doubled to 120 students. The department is supported by teaching staff of varied experience and specialisation. Our teaching faculties are members of various professional bodies such as IV, IE, IEEE and ISTE. All laboratories in the department are well furnished with the state-of-art equipment and software. The Department functions with the dual inputs of Industry and reputed academic bodies in the state.
The Department actively promotes curriculum development activity by updating existing courses, developing new courses and preparing resource material for teaching. It undertakes industrial consultancy works as a part of its interaction with industry and also organizes seminars/symposia for professional interaction. The department is also very active in conducting conferences, workshops, short term seminars etc. The department has been constantly involved in a range of consultancy projects.
Visits to industries, construction sites and environmental field - visits are arranged regularly to impart technical education to the students more effectively.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Our program will produce:
- Graduates of the program will contribute competent, inspired, and highly dedicated professionals in their working environment.
- Graduates of the program will contribute versatile and innovative in the workplace, possess the capacity to face the tough challenges and converting them into opportunities, and embrace leadership and teamwork opportunities and affording sustainable engineering careers.
- Graduates of the program will contribute Continue their professional development by obtaining advanced degrees in Core area of specialization such as Environmental Engineering, Structural engineering or professional fields like transportation and geotechnical engineering, as well as other fields of Project management, Environmental law.
- Graduates of the program will espousal ethical attitude and evince effective skills in team management, coordination of sub workers and good leadership qualities expected of practicing engineering professionals.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
At the end of the Program, a graduate will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of basic science, Mathematics and fundamental engineering concepts in solving complex problems.
- Identify engineering problems and conduct experiments and investigate to analyze and interpret data and to arrive at substantial conclusions.
- Propose an appropriate solution for designed problems complying with functional constraints such as economic, environmental, societal, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Select/develop and apply appropriate techniques and IT tools for the design & analysis of the systems.
- Ability to give reasoning and assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues with competency in professional engineering work.
- Apply the professional skills and contextual reasoning to assess environmental/societal issues for sustainable development.
- Apply the knowledge of professional and ethical practices.
- Function effectively as a person, and as an associate or manager in diverse teams, and in very critical situations.
- Communicate effectively among engineering groups, being able to comprise and write brief reports, presentation and give / receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate and use engineering & management principles in their own/team projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- Identify the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- Surveying laboratory
- Soil mechanics laboratory
- Concrete laboratory
- Highway engineering laboratory
- Environmental engineering laboratory
- Fluid mechanics laboratory
- Strength of material laboratory
- Cad laboratory
|1||Prof.P.MAHADEVAN||CHAIRMAN||Head - Department of Civil Engineering, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|2||Dr.M.ISAAC SOLOMON JEBAMANI||University Nominee||The Principal, Government College of Engineering , Tirunelveli.|
|3||Dr.P.THAMARAI||ACADEMIC EXPERT||The Principal, Government College of Engineering, Chettikarai, Dharmapuri.|
|4||Dr.G.S.THIRUGNANAM||ACADEMIC EXPERT||Professor & HoD, Department of Civil Engineering, Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode.|
|5||Er.P.BASKARAN||INDUSTRIAL EXPERT||Divisional Engineer, Highway Projects, Madurai.|
|6||Mr.C.MANIKANDAN||RENOWNED ALUMNI||Senior Engineer, URC construction Pvt. Ltd, Erode.|
|7||Mr.M.SASIKUMAR||INTERNAL SUBJECT EXPERT||Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering(Construction Engineering & Management ), M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|8||Mr.A.RANGARAJ||INTERNAL SUBJECT EXPERT||Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering(Structural Engineering), M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|9||Mr.S.RUBINI||INTERNAL SUBJECT EXPERT||Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering(Environmental Engineering) , M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|